Synthetic Blend Heat Transfer Oil
Synthetic Blend Heat Transfer Oil (#281A) is a non-corrosive semi-synthetic heat transfer fluid that is formulated to provide fast and efficient heat transfer when used in a closed system application with expansion tank temperatures up to 600°F or in open system applications where the oil temperature does not exceed 650°F and bulk temperature of 450-500°F at the point of exposure to air.
It is blended from the finest select high viscosity index 100% pure paraffin base stocks and severely hydrotreated polyalphaolefin (PAO) synthetic base fluids available. This unique combination provides Synthetic Blend Heat Transfer Fluid with the following characteristics:
- High Viscosity Index — This results in a minimum change in viscosity over a broad temperature range.
- Superior Thermal and Oxidative Stability — This results in the product having excellent resistance to cracking, carbon, sludge, varnish and lacquer formation during high temperature operation.
- Very Low Volatility Characteristics — This results in not only lower makeup requirements, but also helps eliminate vapor lock in circulating pump and reduces the possibility of cavitation, which is destructive to centrifugal pump blades.
- Flash and Fire Points — Significantly Above 390°F
- and Auto-Ignition Temperature Above 608°F.
- Excellent Low Temperature Pumpability — This results in the elimination of hot spots (dangerously high fluid temperature) at the heater, during cold weather start-ups.
Blended into these pure paraffin base oil and polyalphaolefin base fluids is a multi-functional high temperature additive system that provides the Synthetic Blend Heat Transfer Oil with mild detergency to clean up existing sludge and varnish deposits and high temperature oxidation protection in order to eliminate the formation of high temperature deposits and sludges that may otherwise insulate the coils against efficient heat transfer and obstruction to fluid flow.
In addition to the above described performance benefits, Synthetic Blend Heat Transfer Fluid also offers the following:
- High thermal efficiency for rapid and efficient transfer or heat.
- Low vapor pressure at elevated temperature and a high boiling point to prevent pressure build-up on-corrosive to system parts.
- Excellent hydrolytic stability and resistance to emulsification with water.
- Excellent compatibility with petroleum base and synthetic hydro-carbon base heat transfer oils.
- Excellent compatibility with all types of seals, materials of construction and finishes commonly used in heat-transfer systems.
- Non-fouling on degradation.
- Neutralization of acidic components that may be present in the system due to the formation of previous varnish and organic buildup.
- Virtually odorless and essentially non-toxic.
- Long service life for proven trouble free operation.