Paper Machine Oil
Paper Machine Oil (#400) is an anti-wear oil that is specially formulated to meet the lubrication requirements of paper machine bearing lubrication systems, calendar stacks, corrugator bearing lubrication systems and other high speed bearing applications found in paper mills.
It is blended from the finest high viscosity index solvent refined severely hydro-finished 100% paraffin base stocks available. These high viscosity index paraffin base stocks provide the Paper Machine Oil with superior thermal, oxidative and chemical stability. Further these high viscosity index paraffin base stocks allow the Paper Machine Oil with the ability to lubricate over a wide temperature range.
Blended into these high viscosity index paraffin base stocks is a highly specialized paper machine oil additive package that provides the following performance characteristics:
- Excellent anti-wear protection for bearings and gears operating under heavily loaded conditions or during startup conditions of low speed and high loads.
- Excellent oxidation and thermal stability in order to prevent the formation of sludge, varnish and carbon deposits on system components.
- Excellent detergency and dispercency in order to provide clean protection for system components.
- Excellent fine filterability even in the presence of water.
- Excellent rust and corrosion protection.
- Exceptional demulsibility and hydrolytic stability characteristics. This results in the separation of water much faster and more completely, allowing the water to be easily removed from the system. These properties result in increased bearing and gear life, anti-wear protection and improved rust and corrosion protection.
- Enhanced protection of Copper, Brass and Bronze components from corrosion.
- Superior anti-foam characteristics.
Paper machines operate under heavily loaded, high heat, high humidity conditions. These conditions can result in thin exceptional anti-wear additive package that last longer than most anti-wear additive packages in conventional paper machine oils. This exceptional anti-wear package will also disappear over time. To fortify Paper Machine Oil’s anti-wear capabilities, Micron Moly ® is further blended into the Paper Machine Oil.
Micron Moly® is a liquid soluble type moly that plates itself to metal surfaces of the bearings and gears of paper machine systems. This plating action forms a long lasting solid lubricant film on these metal surfaces that is capable of withstanding pressures up to 500,000 pounds per square inch, thus reducing wearing and extending equipment life.
The Micron Moly® also provides a smooth finished surface on all moving parts of the bearings and gears. This minimizes the action of cold welding, which can occur during low speed and high load startup conditions. This in turn lessens starting loads and peak power demands, thus a power cost savings can be achieved. Further, this smooth finish also results in less friction and heat being generated, which in turn not only reduces operating temperatures, but also downtime.
Paper Machine Oil can also be used in the lubrication of controlled crown rolls, suction box pumps, vacuum and white pumps, reduction gearboxes and gearhead motors.