Moly Pure Synthetic Heat Transfer Fluid
Moly Pure Synthetic Heat Transfer Fluid (#281S) is a non-corrosive, non-fouling synthetic heat transfer fluid that is recommended for use in closed system or open system heat transfer applications, where a wide temperature range and environmentally safe fluid is required.
Moly Pure Synthetic Heat Transfer Fluid’s fluidity at temperatures below -50°F and thermal stability up to 575°F permits its use over a wide range of conditions and it is not significantly affected by long exposure to elevated temperatures, including transients to 870°F.
It is blended from the finest high quality severely hydro-finished Polyalphaolefin (PAO) synthetic base fluids available that provide the following benefits:
- High thermal and oxidative stability.
- Very low volatility and evaporation characteristics.
- High thermal efficiency for rapid and efficient transfer of heat.
- Low vapor pressure at elevated temperatures.
- High boiling points to prevent pressure buildup.
- Non-fouling on degradation.
- Flash and fire points significantly above 400°F.
- Auto-ignition points above 608°F.
- High viscosity index meaning less change in viscosity with temperature.
- Excellent hydrolytic stability and resistance to emulsification with water.
- Excellent compatibility with all types of seals, materials of construction and finishes commonly used in heat transfer systems.
- Compatible with petroleum oil, ester based, synthetic hydrocarbon and DI, Tri and tertiary phenyl ether base fluids.
- Virtually odorless and essentially non-toxic.
- Long service life for trouble free operation.