Moly E.P. Circulating Oil
Moly E.P. Circulating Oil (#312) is a thermally stable and durable extreme pressure circulating oil that is specially formulated for use in those heavily loaded circulating, bearing and geared stamping and machine press applications, where extreme pressure characteristics are needed.
It is blended from the finest high viscosity index severely solvent refined severely hydro-finished 100% paraffin base stocks available that give it the ability to operate over wide temperature ranges.
Blended into these 100% paraffin base stocks is a highly specialized non-corrosive extreme pressure multifunctional additive package that provides the Moly E.P. Circulating Oil with the following performance benefits:
- Enhanced thermal and oxidation stability and durability to handle operating temperatures or 280° to + 300°F.
- Excellent extreme pressure properties to protect heavily loaded systems from excessive wear, premature bearing fatigue, scoring, spalling and pitting.
- Prevention of the formation of sludge and carbon deposits that can erode seals and cause premature wear.
- Excellent seal compatibility.
- Enhanced system cleanliness.
- Excellent protection of components from rust and corrosion.
- Enhanced protection of copper, brass and bronze components in dry conditions and in the presence of moisture.
- Excellent demulsibility characteristics.
To further fortify the Moly E.P. Circulating Oil’s extreme pressure film strength, Micron Moly, a liquid soluble type of moly, is further blended into the product. This liquid soluble type of moly provides the enhanced protection that is needed for these heavily loaded systems by plating itself to the metal surfaces of the system. This plating action forms a protective layer which is able to withstand pressures up to 500,000 per square inch. This protective layer also provides a cushioning effect between the contacting asperities that minimizes pitting, scoring, fatigue and spalling that is associated with heavily loaded systems that are subject to severe shock loading and high sliding loads. The Micron Moly also provides a smooth finish on all of the moving parts. This minimizes the action of cold welding, which in turn lessens starting loads and peak power demand.
Moly E.P. Circulating Oil also contains anti-foam inhibitors, rust and corrosion inhibitors and demulsibility additives.