Fire Retardant Gear Lube
Fire Retardant Gear Lube (#230) is a polyol ester based, thermally stable, extreme pressure Group II fire resistant gear lubricant that is recommended for use in industrial enclosed gear drives, where potential fire hazards exist.
It is blended from the finest quality polyolester synthetic base fluids available to provide:
- Excellent lubricity characteristics.
- Excellent viscosity-temperature characteristics
- High flash and auto ignition points.
- Very good low temperature properties.
- Very good resistance to thermal degradation.
Blended into these polyol ester synthetic base fluids is a non-corrosive multifunctional additive package that provides the following performance advantages:
- Enhanced thermal and oxidative stability.
- Excellent extreme pressure properties.
- Prevention of the formation of sludge and varnish deposits.
- Excellent protection of components from rust and corrosion.
- Enhanced protection of copper, brass and bronze components in dry conditions and in the presence of moisture.
- Very good demulsibility characteristics.
Fire Retardent Gear Lube is compatible with all ferrous and non-ferrous metals and their alloys. Fire Retardent Gear Lube is also compatible with the following elastomers normally used with petroleum based gear lubricants.