Pure Synthetic Hydraulic Oil
Pure Synthetic Hydraulic Oil (#264) is a premium quality ashless non detergent synthetic oil that is specially formulated to satisfy the lubrication needs of hydraulic, turbine systems, air lines, pumps, vacuum pumps, bearing and general oiling applications that are subjected to wide variations in ambient and system operating temperatures.
It is blended from the highest quality polyalphaolefin (PAO) synthetic base fluids available that provide it with the following advantages:
- Excellent Resistance To Thermal Degradation.
- Superior Oxidative Stability – Any oil, as it is increasingly exposed to high temperature operations, undergoes the process of oxidation. This results in the oil’s thickening and buildup of acidic components. Because of the PAO’s uniform molecular structure, the process of oxidation is greatly reduced.
- Extended Drain Intervals – Because of the PAO’s excellent resistance to thermal degradation and oxidation, Pure Synthetic’s service life is extended up to eight (8) times the normal service life of conventional hydraulic oils.
- Low Volatility – The low volatility of the PAO’s results in lower makeup requirements due to evaporation loss.
- High Viscosity Index – This results in a minimum change in viscosity with temperature. The adequate viscosity for proper bearing lubrication is provided regardless of temperature change.
- Excellent Cold Temperature Starting And Pumpability.
- Greater Hydrolytic Stability And Demulsibility Characteristics – Since PAO’s are non-polar, they absorb less water under high humidity conditions. They also separate condensed water much faster and more completely, thus resulting in the water being removed easily from the system. These properties result in extended bearing life, anti-wear protection and improved rust and corrosion protection.
- Operating Temperature Reduction – PAO’s have better specific heat values (less available heat is absorbed) and better thermal conductivity than conventional hydraulic oils. These combined properties help to reduce operating temperatures.
- Compatibility With All Types Of Seals And Coatings.
Blended into these polyalphaolefin base fluids and this highly specialized additive package is a proven frictional modifier, Micron Moly®. Micron Moly® is a liquid soluble type of moly that plates itself to the sliding and rubbing parts of the hydraulic and turbine system. This plating action reduces friction between the moving parts, thus eliminating damaging frictional wear. This in turn helps to reduce operation temperatures.
Pure Synthetic Hydraulic Oil with its unique blend of polyalphaolefin base fluids, highly specialized additive package and Micron Moly® results in improves hydraulic efficiency. Improved hydraulic efficiency not only results in less downtime, reduced labor and material costs, but also in reduced energy consumption. This results in savings which could possibly represent many thousands of dollars each year per hydraulic unit.
Pure Synthetic Hydraulic Oil can also be used as an airline oil for pneumatic systems, a circulating oil for use in all circulating systems of paper machines including wet end systems, dryer bearing and calendar stacks, and in bearing and gearbox applications where a nonextreme pressure gear oil is specified.
Pure Synthetic Hydraulic Oil meets and exceeds the following specifications and manufacturers’ requirements: Haggulands Dension HF-O, Vickers I-286-S and M-2950-S, Rexnord, Commercial Shearing HD 2/900, Commercial Hydraulics, Cincinnati Milicron P-54, P-68, P-69, P-70, DIN 51524 Part 1 & 2, Lee-Norse 100-, Jeffery No. 87, U.S. Steel 126, 127 and 136, AFNOR E 48-603, MIL-L-17331H, General Electric GEK 32568A, Brown Boveri HTGD 90117 and Westinghouse turbine specifications.