HTC Supreme (#254) is a premium quality semi-synthetic, non detergent, rust and oxidation inhibited, anti-wear oil that is specially formulated to meet the lubrication requirements of all types of air lines, pumps, vacuum pumps, hydraulic, turbine, compressor, bearing and general oiling applications.
It is blended from the finest quality severely solvent refined, severely hydrofinished 100% pure paraffin base oils and polyalphaolefin (PAO) synthetic base fluids available. This unique combination provides HTC Supreme with the following advantages.
- Excellent Low Temperature Properties. This results in the bearing and other machine parts being instantly lubricated at sub-zero temperatures the moment they start turning.
- Superior Oxidation Stability. Any oil as it is increasingly exposed to high temperature operation undergoes the process of oxidation. This results in the oil’s thickening and buildup of acidic components. Because of the PAO and 100% paraffin base oil’s uniform molecular structure, the process of oxidation is greatly reduced.
- Excellent Resistance to Thermal Degradation.
- Excellent Hydrolytic and Demulsibility Characteristics. This results in the separation of water much faster and more completely, allowing the water to be easily removed from the system. These properties result in increased bearing, pump and gear life, anti-wear protection and improved rust and corrosion protection.
- High Viscosity Index. This results in a minimum change in viscosity. The adequate viscosity for proper lubrication is provided regardless of temperature change.
- Excellent Film Strength. This results in increased wear protection as base oils have better specific heat values (less heat is absorbed) and better thermal conductivity.
- Superior Operating Temperature Reduction. This unique combination of PAO and 100% paraffin than conventional oils. These combined properties help to reduce operating temperature.
- Compatibility With All Types of Seals and Coatings.
The Trend in Hydraulics
The trend among hydraulic pump builders and compressor manufacturers is to employ higher speed and pressures. Further many turbine systems, especially those that are geared type turbine systems are generally subjected to shock loads and occasional overloading. These conditions often result in conditions of thin film lubrication that can result in excessive wear. This excessive wear cannot only result in a loss in hydraulic pump and compressor efficiency, but also can result in a costly shutdown for maintenance.
Though HTC Supreme contains an exceptional anti-wear performance that lasts longer than most conventional anti-wear hydraulic fluids, even this exceptional anti-wear package also will disappear over time. To fortify the HTC Supreme’s anti-wear capabilities, Micron Moly® is further blended into the HTC Supreme.
The Schaeffer Solution
Micron Moly® is a liquid soluble type of moly that plates itself to the sliding and rubbing surfaces of the hydraulic, turbine and compressor systems. This plating action forms a long lasting solid lubricant film on these rubbing and sliding surfaces. This moly film will withstand pressures up to 500,000 pounds per square inch. Once plated to the sliding and rubbing surfaces the Micron Moly® not only produces a smooth finished surface, but also reduces friction between the moving parts. This results in less heat being generated, which in turn not only reduces operating temperatures, but also downtime.
HTC Supreme can also be used as a slide and way lube, an airline oil for pneumatic systems, as a circulating oil and in bearing and gearbox applications, where a non extreme pressure oil is called for.
HTC Supreme meets and exceeds the following specifications and manufacturers’ requirements: Haggulands Dension HF-O, Vickers I-286-S and M-2950-S, Rexnord, Commercial Shearing HD 2/900, Commercial Hydraulics, Cincinnati Milicron P-54, P-68, P-69, P-70, DIN 51524 Part 1 & 2, Lee-Norse 100-, Jeffery No. 87, U.S. Steel 126,127 and 136, AFNOR E 48-603, MIL-L-17331H, General Electric GEK 32568A,Brown Boveri HTGD 90117, Westinghouse turbine specifications, Ingersoll Rand, Joy, Garnder Denver, Sullair, Worthington, LeRoi, Quincy and Atlas Copco compressor specifications.