Premium SoyShield® is a concentrated multi-functional premium diesel fuel additive that is specially formulated for use in all types of diesel fuel, especially low sulfur and ultra low sulfur diesel fuels. Once added to the diesel fuel at the recommended treatment ration Premium SoyShield® will upgrade the #2 diesel to premium B2 biodiesel fuel.
It contains a unique blend of methyl soyate bio-diesel derived from soybean oil and a highly concentrated multi-functional additive package that provide the following performance benefits:
- Supports the use of a renewable farmer-supplied fuel source.
- Boosts the fuel’s cetane rating up to 3 to 4 points.
- Faster warm-up.
- Reduced misfiring at lower air inlet temperatures.
- Superior Cummins L-10 Injector Depositing Test and Cummins N-14 Injector Corrosion Test Performance.
- Detergency to provide cleanliness throughout the entire fuel system.
- Clean up and Keep clean performance for the entire fuel system.
- Improved combustion of the fuel by completely vaporizing the fuel into smaller particles, thus providing better fuel economy and preventing a significant loss in engine power.
- Increased fuel economy up to 5% – 7%.
- Up to 5% improvement in Horsepower.
- Dispersion of insoluble gums and varnish present in low quality fuels.
- Modification of existing injector deposits, allowing for their removal and safe passage into the combustion chamber where they can be burned.
- Reduced emissions, exhaust smoke and particulates.
- A reduction in black smoke.
- Increased fuel lubricity. (Soy based bio-diesel has 3 times the lubricity of diesel fuel).
- Excellent anti-wear protection for the injectors and the fuel pump especially for those engines burning low sulfur and ultra low sulfur diesel fuels.
- Lubrication of the upper cylinders, fuel pumps and injectors.
- Supplemental ring and valve-train anti-wear protection.
- Increased thermal stability to the diesel fuel in order to provide the ability to resist thermal degradation.
- Inhibition of oxidation during storage.
- Extended storage stability.
- Helps control the acidic by-products produced by the combustion of diesel fuel.
- Rust and corrosion protection to the entire fuel system.
- Dispersion of water present in diesel fuel in order to prevent fuel icing and other problems associated with water.
- Prevention of the formation of stable fuel-water emulsions.
- Allows moisture to be rapidly separated from the fuel.
- Allows the diesel fuel to meet the NCWM’s Premium Diesel Fuel Specifications.
- Helps control the conditions that lead to foul smelling fuel, stringiness and plugged filters.
Use one gallon of Premium SoyShield® to every 50 gallons diesel fuel. Premium SoyShield® is registered and meets the US EPA requirements for blending into low and ultra low sulfur diesel fuels. When used at the recommended treatment ratio Premium SoyShield® will not have any measurable affect on the cetane index or aromatic content and sulfur content of the diesel fuel.