Synthetic Food Grade Grease H-1
Synthetic Food Grade Grease H-1 (#271) is a fully synthetic extreme pressure, anti-wear, high temperature grease that is specially formulated for use in the lubrication of food, feed and pharmaceutical processing and packaging equipment, especially those pieces of equipment that are subjected to high loads and high moisture conditions.
Synthetic Food Grade Grease H-1 can be used in the lubrication of ball, roller, journal and sliding bearing applications and chain applications, where there is a chance of incidental contact with food, foodstuffs, drinking water, potable water, or ground water may occur. Typically these applications can be found in the following industries:
- Meat and Poultry Processing Plants
- Egg Processing Plants
- Fish and Seafood Processing Plants
- Breweries and Wineries
- Soft Drink and Bottling Plants
- Vegetable and Fruit Processors
- Cheese and Cheese Product Producers
- Snack Food Manufacturers
- Pasta Manufacturers
- Pet Food and Animal Feed Producers
- Oil Mills and Seed Cake Processors
- Pharmaceutical and Drug Manufacturers
- Cosmetic Manufacturers
- Food and Beverage Container Manufacturers
- Paper and Paperboard Manufacturers
- Water Well Drillers
- Drinking and Potable Water Treatment Plants
Synthetic Food Grade Grease H-1 is compounded from the highest quality, severely hydro-finished technical white Polyalphaolefin (PAO) synthetic base fluids available. Blended into the hydro-finished technical white PAO synthetic
base fluids are a bentone base thickener, adhesive/cohesive additive and other selected performance additives.
The formulation provides Synthetic Food Grade Grease H-1 with the following outstanding performance features:
- Excellent resistance to water washout and water spray-off
- Excellent cold temperature starting and pumpability
- Excellent shear and mechanical stability
- Superior anti-wear and extreme pressure load carrying properties
- Excellent rust and oxidation inhibiting characteristics
- Excellent resistance to oxidation and thermal degradation
- No dropping point
- Excellent resistance to acidic compounds
- Excellent resistance to wash out, pound out, splatter and squeeze out
- Excellent ability to retain its consistency and resist separation of its base oils.
Further blended into Synthetic Food Grade Grease H-1 is a unique blend of USDA and FDA acceptable preservatives. These food grade preservatives provide the product with an effective way to control, inhibit and retard the growth of bacteria, yeast and molds that may come into contact with Synthetic Food Grade Grease H-1 during use. These preservatives are not an antiseptic or sterilizing agent but does effectively prevent bacterial growth and control microbiological proliferation if the Synthetic Food Grade Grease H-1 becomes contaminated during use.
Synthetic Food Grade Grease H-1 has an operating temperature range of -40° to 260°C (-40 to 500°F).
Synthetic Food Grade Grease H-1 meets the requirements for a USDA H-1 quality lubricant and the requirements of the United States Code of Federal Regulations 21CFR 178.3570, 178.3620(b), and 573.680 of the United States Food and Drug Administration’s Regulations.
#271 Synthetic Food Grade Grease is available in:
420 lb. drums
120 lb. kegs
040 lb. pails
030 tubes per case