Silver Streak® Special Multi-Lube
Silver Streak® Special Multi-Lube (#200S) is a semi-synthetic, heavy duty, extreme pressure, nonsolvent containing lubricant that is recommended for the lubrication of:
- Antifriction Bearings
- Babbitt Bearings
- Pins & Bushings
- Enclosed Industrial Type Gear Cases
- Open Gearing
- Dipper Sticks
- Circle gearing
- Spindle and gear type couplings
- Other applications that are common to the mining, railroad, steel mill and power plant industries.
Silver Streak® Special Multi-Lube is compounded from a unique blend of select high viscosity paraffin base oils and polyalphaolefin synthetic base oils that provide exceptional serviceability over a wide range of temperatures.
These base fluids exhibit superior adhesive film-forming characteristics that resist squeeze out and sling out while clinging tenaciously, even to gears that are in a vertical orientation. This compounding also allows Silver Streak® Special Multi-Lube to have a superior resistance to oil separation and the ability to remain soft and pliable over a long period of time without the use of any kind of solvents.
To further fortify the adhesive viscous lubricant film of the Silver Streak® Special Multi-Lube, a combination of molybdenum disulfide and various solid lubricants are compounded to improve the anti-wear, extreme pressure, and load carrying capabilities of the lubricant beyond those of conventional open gear lubricants and provide a load carrying ability in excess of 500,000 pounds per square inch. This combination also forms a protective layer that provides a cushioning effect between the contacting asperties of the gear teeth that minimizes pitting, spalling and cold welding of the mating gear teeth.
Silver Streak® Special Multi-Lube can be applied either manually or by heavy- duty automatic lube systems and is available in several weights for various applications.
- Multi-Lube Heavy and Extra Heavy can be pumped down to 50° F (10° C)*.
- Multi-Lube Medium can be pumped down to 45° F (7° C)*.
- Multi-Lube Light can be pumped to 32° F (0° C)*.
- Multi-Lube Extra Light can be pumped to 14° F (-10° C)*.
- Multi-Lube Extreme Light can be pumped to -20° to -25° F (-29° to -32° C)*.
- Multi-Lube Ultra Light can be pumped to -40° F (-40° C)*.
In summer months or in warm weather conditions, consideration should be given to using a heavier grade of Silver Streak® Special Multi-Lube.
*May vary with types of equipment and
dispensing system configuration used.